Supported by: Manusher Jonno Foundation (MJF)
Budget: 82, 92,272.00 BDT
Period: 01 December’2014 to 31 June’2017
Area: Upazilla: Gabtoli, District: Bogra
Activities: Ensuring responsiveness of Local Governance Institutions
A: Capacity Building of CMG and Local Citizens for their Engagement in Monitoring Advocacy works:
- Formation of community monitoring groups/support groups (27 member)- 9 nos.
- Project Inception Meeting (District and Union level -10 nos.
- Project inception workshop (district level with DC, UNO, DDLG, UP representatives and Standing committee)-1 no.
- Training/orientation for community monitoring groups/support groups on LGSP and SA tools (2 days)- 9 nos.
- Refreshers Training/orientation for community monitoring groups/support groups on LGSP and SA tools (2 days) -9nos.
- By monthly meeting with community monitoring groups/support groups – 15 nos.
- Awareness raising and assists to develop the UP bodies (Court yard meeting/ community meeting on information dissemination) – 648 nos
B: Ensuring Quality Service for Transparency & Accountability through monitoring and advocacy work
- Social mapping 18 nos.
- Implement of community scorecards-
- Input tracking- 18 nos.
- FGDs with community – 36 nos.
- FGDs with service providers- 18 nos.
- Development Community action plan and display -18 nos.
- Conduct Social Audit -18 nos.
C: Increase responsiveness of public institution
- Meeting with local level government officials.
- Meeting with Union parishad – 81 nos.
- Interface meting -18 nos.
- Facilitate Union Parishad to organize planning meeting- 18 nos.
- Facilitate Union Parishad to organize wardshava- 162 nos.
- Facilitate UPs to conduct open budget session at UP level- 18 nos.
- Training/orientation UPs (WC &SSC) to exercises of Social Accountability tools – 9 nos.
- Training/orientation UPs (WC &SSC) on RTI- 9 nos.
- Regional level roundtable meeting on Social Accountability -3 nos.
- Installed suggestion boxes in the Union Parishad 9 nos.
- Public hearing 18 nos.